Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sore muscles

I'm back at work today with some sore muscles!  Pitching brush and dragging branches for hours gave me quite a workout yesterday.  At least I didn't have to go to the gym!  Planning to go there after work today, though, if all goes well.

I have got to get back upstairs to work on those two tops.  They are so close to being completed.  I really should get busy on them tonight and tomorrow night because I know Ev is going to need help outside over the weekend.  Mom is coming Saturday afternoon so I'll be spending time with her, too.  Oh, and when I spoke to my great uncle yesterday after the storm we decided to have supper Friday night.  sigh.  Going to be a busy few days coming up.

Today when I left the house to drive to work I automatically drove up to the railroad tracks on Main Street before I realized they still had it barricaded off.  Some of the most severe storm damage was on Main Street.  A very old home that a family I know lives in had windows blown out and the roof damaged.  These people are very good folks who take in foster children and just give and give and give.  I was glad to see the damage is repairable at least.  Now, down the block it's a different story.  Although I couldn't drive up that way, I could see the buildings that had the top half blown off of them.  Wow.  We sure are blessed that no one was injured.

No comments: