Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Inspiration!


Isn't this a lovely quilt!  My friend, Sandy, made this quilt and is working on the valance in the second picture.  Would you believe this is her FIRST quilt???  Sandy and her mom, Val, are holding up the quilt and valance.  The colors are beautiful and the piecing and embroidery are equisite.  Great job, Sandy! 

Sandy sent the quilt out to be quilted and the longarmer did a fantastic job of it.  Beautiful feather motifs and vines and leaves fillers.  The embroidery was outilned in such a way that the back was just as pretty as the front.  It looked like big beautiful flowers on the back.  She is doing the quilting on the valance herself on her home machine.  So far the quilting looks pretty good on it too!  I'm trying to convince her to try and machine quilt a bed quilt on her home machine.

Now, my first quilt didn't look anything like this...  haha.  I'm very impressed.  I am thinking she might be hooked on quilting...she and her mom took a bus trip to Paducah last month for the show.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Decades ago when I started quilting, nobody's quilt looked like that! I'm glad beginners can aspire to such standards today and have so much to choose from in the way of fabrics, ideas, books, etc.
I was still picking the brains of little old Mennonite and Apostolic Christian women when I made my first quilt in 1970 something.

horsnaround said...

You are way too kind my friend!! Hey do you see what I see on the valance? There is a mistake on it that I did not see until I looked at this pic you took!!! How funny is that? Do you see it??? Let me know if you do. Hmmmmm wonder if I can fix that, I'll have to look at it when I am not so tired.