Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Peeper frogs and progress on Stained Glass

Since I have been writing this blog for several years, I have probably announced the coming of the peeper frogs every year.  And every year I probably tell you, dear reader, that my hubby does not like the peeper frogs.  This makes me giggle because I really like them and the noises they make!  Our pool is a peeper frog magnet and until we open it up and put chemicals in it, I just envision all these little tree frogs swimming merrily away on the cover of the pool!

Tonight after work (and the gym!) the kids and I went to have supper at Sunset.  The meal was good and it was fast.  Since I didn't have to cook (I brought Ev home a sandwich) I went downstairs and worked on Stained Glass.  I have the last full turn showing and have about a third of it quilted.  I ran out of bobbin thread and had to wind more bobbins, so it was a good stopping point.  There's not much left to do on it!  Yay!

Next will be the baby quilt I'm donating to an auction for a friend who is ill.  That will be a quick one to do, then I will be putting Cascading Colors (is that what I named it?  I think so...) on the frame.  I got the backing material for it yesterday.  I just got muslin for it, rather than quilt shop material.  With the mixture of quilt shop backing and lesser quality material on the top, I think that has been quite a contributing factor to my tension issues.  I hope to avoid them with the other quilt.

No comments: