Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday sewing

I've been up since 7 and in the sewing room for a few hours.  Here's part of what I have accomplished:

Looks like a mile of ten inch squares sewn together coming out the back of my old Kenmore!  This was the group of pink and red batiks I bought at Hancock's of Paducah.  I cut them into ten inch squares and am making a top out of them.

What I went upstairs to work on was to put the border strips on Cascading Colors and then take it downstairs and load it on Gemma.  Well, best laid plans of mice and men...  I don't have enough black to make the final border!  Argh.  So, after Ev goes to work this afternoon I'm going to run out and see if I can't find either the black material or one of the colors to use for a border.  It has to have one.

Do you see that Serger sitting on the table behind the squares?  It's a good little machine, a Singer, that I have had for many years.  I don't use it much, though.  It's only a three thread and doesn't make a straight stitch, just the overcasting stitches.  Every now and then I get it out and play with it a bit.

Tonight is the benefit dinner for Bob.  I'm planning on going to it and meeting up with some friends there.  I'd like to see how much the baby quilt brings in.  If nothing else, it's a pretty drive to get over to the town it's in.  All through the country, which I like.

No comments: