Monday, August 10, 2015

Blue Cheese Turkey Sandwiches

I did not think this recipe up, but here's my variation of the sandwich:

Turkey breast, sliced - it's ten times better if it comes straight off a baked turkey bird, but if you absolutely must do it, you can use sliced turkey from the deli

Crumbled blue cheese

Red onion, sliced and sauteed until tender

Good bread - we use the everything topping french bread from Wal Mart

Butter the outsides of the bread.  Put one piece of bread, butter side down into a hot skillet or griddle.  Place turkey, blue cheese, and onions on bread, then top with other slice of bread.  It's much easier to assemble the sandwiches on the griddle or in the pan.  Brown on each side.  Enjoy!

And for those members of the family that don't like blue cheese, you can always substitute a less risque cheese for the blue cheese.  But it won't be as tasty... at least not in my opinion!

I have what's left of the turkey breast in the fridge, along with the drippings from the pan when I baked it.  One night this week I might make turkey and gravy for supper.  Depends on how I feel.  Still not sure what is happening with my job because of the budget crisis in our fair state.  I may or may not be laid off in a couple weeks, even though I am not employed by the state.  Our monies are from the feds and just pass through the state, however even these monies are being held up by the lack of state budget.

No comments: