Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Victory!

A victory for me - I was able to get the last knob to break free on the 401!  Now, all the parts that are supposed to move, move.  That makes me happy.

To celebrate, I stopped at Wal Mart this morning and bought a few extra bobbins.


The 401 takes Class 66 bobbins and only had one with the machine.  There were a few class 15 bobbins thrown in the box, but I knew they weren't the right ones for it.  Most of my other machines take class 15, so I have tons of those, but I didn't have any class 66.  A dozen should be enough, don't you think?  haha.

Tonight I have plans with Nick, so I'm not sure if I will get to sew or not.  I'm ready to turn on the 401 and see how she sews.  Thinking of naming her Sissy, because she is the big sister to the 301 and featherweight.  May just go with Sis, because my daughter is being a funny girl and telling me that "Sissy" reminds her of the movie Carrie and that the machine may be possessed....  haha.  Going to wait until I sew on her to see if the name fits or not.  I know, so silly, right?  haha.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The 401 is SUCH a great machine! Personally I think it blows the FW's and the 301's away. Such a perfect stitch. April 1930's sells an LED light bulb that fits it and is such a nice little upgrade.

Dora, the Quilter said...

If you have any problem with those bobbins, please let me know so I can connect you with Stitches in Time. (I keep hearing bad things about the poor quality control on those packages of bobbins. I wouldn't open more than one package at a time since they might have to be returned to the store. Have fun!