Friday, August 7, 2015

Testing It Out

Didn't do much sewing last night, but I did get to test out the 401 finally.  When I plugged her in and started to sew she was really sluggish.  My first thought was, oh no, what have I got here....  But then I realized I had the stitch knobs in the wrong position for straight stitching.  I corrected that, then took a deep breath and started to sew again.  This time, she sewed quite a bit faster.  By the time I was done playing, about half an hour of sewing, she was really booking along!  I am pleased.  I think once she gets used on a regular basis, the speed will not be an issue.

This morning, before work, I stopped at Wal Mart and hit up the school supplies aisle.  I had already been there once since they put school supplies out for the new year, but I really wanted to get a couple more pencil boxes.


These are a great size to put machine feet or bobbin in, and keep with each individual machine.

Not that I want to go back to those school days, but I do miss shopping for school supplies for the kids.  So much neat stuff to choose from!

No comments: