Friday, August 14, 2015

Up to Bat


I went upstairs last night to seam together the batting for a nursing home quilt.  I just ran a wide zig zag across the seam.  I was going to use the machine downstairs by the longarm, however I haven't even plugged it in yet, so it was just easier to run the batting pieces upstairs and sew them there.

I had to laugh, though, because both the 401 and my old Kenmore had single needle hole throat plates on them.  Either machine I picked, I was going to have to change out the throat plate.  Ended up using the Kenmore because I know her zig zag is trustworthy.  Not that the 401's isn't, I just haven't used it yet.

And of course, while I was upstairs I sewed some more on the wonky star blocks.  I finished one of the 9" blocks and started another.  I am so addicted!

No comments: