Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Honeysuckle


When I walked out the door this morning to go to work, the smell of honeysuckle caught my attention.  We have some vines growing by the front porch that generally are a nuissance, but I do love the smell of the flowers.  I even bought some soap recently that smells like honeysuckle.

Sewed about an hour last night on Sissy.  Made four more tiny wonky star blocks.  If I don't have enough of them to use for cornerstones, I may just take 9 of them and turn them into blocks that will fit with the others we will be making.  I'm still hoping I have the energy to keep going and make enough for cornerstones, though

We are planning a trip to Arthur in a couple weeks!  Whee!  Going to get our background fabric for the 9" wonky star blocks.  Can't wait to get started on those!

Tried to watch Bonnie Hunter on Quiltcam last night, but my computer was being finicky.  I could hear her just fine, so that was okay, I guess.  Usually I would watch her on the big t.v. in the front room, through the Boxee media player, but Boxee met an untimely demise when the modem got hit by lightening.  Ah well....  I tried to hook the t.v. up to the computer but it was quite a pain in the rear.  It all worked out, though, because instead of just sitting in front of the t.v. and watching, I took the laptop upstairs and sewed while I listened.

No comments: