Thursday, August 13, 2015

Early Morning Sewing


This wonky star block is going to finish at 9", not 3".  I wanted to make a few sample blocks of the larger wonky stars.  Since it was in my head, rolling around, bouncing off my brain, I just had to get up this morning and make one.  I ran out of time, but at least all the pieces are done.

Yesterday when I got home from work I was pretty tired.  Took a little nap and when I got up I was so refreshed I was able to get a lot done.  Made bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches for dinner.  The bacon was slab bacon and came from IGA over in Staunton.  I swear, that was the best bacon I have tasted in a very long time.  It didn't shrivel up to nothing and cooked real even.

After making sandwiches I went upstairs for over an hour and made more 3" wonky star blocks.  They are starting to add up!  And they are really cute.

Also went downstairs and rearranged just a bit so I can use the Western machine if I want to.  I may be piecing some batting together for the nursing home quilt.  Found some long strips that just weren't quite wide enough on their own, but will be fine in one of the tops if I piece them together.  I use the same batting all the time, pretty much, so I know the strips are all the same type.  Need to get started on that.

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

how does people follow you?

bunbear said...

i am really not sure! isn't that terrible that i don't know that? i just put people i want to follow on my list of blogs i like, then click on them when i want to read them. sorry i can't be more help. i usually post every day if i can, sometimes i slack off on the weekends.

bunbear said...

i may have found it! at the bottom of my page it has a spot to click "subscribe to". i think that's it!