Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chicken tracks!



Is this not the cutest idea?  When I walked into Rural King today I looked down and saw chicken tracks painted on the floor!  They have baby chicks in stock now and they paint a path to them, winding through the aisles, for the kids to follow.  I wanted to follow it too!  Sometimes the littlest things will make me smile.  This is one of them.  I don't like birds, but I do like baby chicks, ducks, or geese.  Weird, I know.

I really don't know if I want to buy a frame system for my domestic machine now.  And if I'm not 100% sure it's what I want, I'm not going to spend the money.  It would be better to just leave the money in the pot to grow and be that much closer to the longarm.

I am considering the Accuquilt cutter.  I want to see it in action at the show.  I'm hoping that it will be a bargain price there.  Don't know if I really want it or not, either.  Those dies are not cheap, from what I've seen.  Just going to check it out and see.

One of the reasons I am thinking about it is that I would like to make a 'tumbler' quilt.  I know I could cut pieces without the Accuquilt, too, for that pattern.  And maybe if Donna thought she would use the cutter also, I would be more inclined to buy it.

Ivy is really coming along.  I'm so pleased.  She is still finding her way, but has really mellowed out and adjusted very well.  Last night was really cute.  I was laying on the couch and she brought me her squeaky ball.  She wanted me to throw it for her!  So I did, and we played that game for about 20 minutes until she tired of it.  Then about an hour later she was ready to play again!  Ev said she has been doing that during the day while he is home, too. 

Tonight Diane is going to stop over around 5 to walk.  I'm going to try and take Ivy with us, if Diane doesn't mind, and I don't see why she would.  Maybe we will have chef salads after we walk.  She invited me to go out for fried chicken tonight, but I just couldn't do it.  Been eating too much of the wrong stuff and I have to get back on track!

No comments: