Friday, April 1, 2011

A step up

Bad pun in the title - I went to the foot doctor today because of that pain in my toe.  Doc says I have arthritis and that bunions are forming because my joints are getting out of line.  It's a hereditary condition (thanks Gram V.!  hee hee hee) called hallux limitus.  Not that anyone reading this cares about my big toe, but long story short I need to get orthotics for my shoes.

Haven't done any sewing today but thinking I might get upstairs in a little bit.and finish that baby quilt top.  I also have a few things in mind to make for the kids' Easter bags.

I made a pot of clam chowder for dinner tonight.  It's not completely homemade, but is really good.  I think I've posted the recipe here before, but here it is again:

Clam Chowder

2 cans condensed cream of potato soup
3 cans condensed New England clam chowder
1 quart half and half
2 cans minced clams, 6.5 oz
1 large onion, chopped
1 stick of butter or margarine

Put potato soup and clam chowder in crock pot.  Add the quart of half and half.  Saute the onions in butter.  Drain clams and saute with the onions when the onions are halfway done.  Add onions and clams to crock pot.  Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.  It's really good!  Might need to stir once in a while.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Sorry to hear about your toe troubles. When your feet hurt, you hurt all over. Hopefully, the orthotics will help!

Clam chowder...yummmm!

LaDonna