Sunday, April 3, 2011

A dashing duet

Well, it was a duet, but the dashing part was what I wanted to do - dash away from them!  Ev and Nick had me trapped in the car and started singing really bad country songs.  Oh, man, it was so funny I could hardly hold back tears!

I went upstairs and picked out some material to make a baby quilt for my coworker.  I am going to save the flannel pieced top.  I found some Disney material in my stash that will work nicely.  I'm going to keep the panel in one piece then maybe piece the back in six inch squares.  I'll do an all over meander on it.

I have an idea that is taking form to get me a jump start on frame quilting.  There is a website where you can buy parts to make your own machine quilt frame.  I think Ev and I can put one together easily enough.  I will also need to purchase a speed regulator for the machine I want to put on the frame.  That wouldn't be a problem, except I only know of one speed regulator and none of my machines are listed as compatible with it.  I sent an email to the company asking for more information.  I'll check at the show in Paducah on some of the details and also see if there are alternative frames available within my price range.

No comments: