Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up

This morning has been a doozy.  After all the storms last night, I didn't really sleep very well.  At 4:30 in the morning the neighbor's hounds started barking and howling.  They did not quit for 40 minutes.  Couldn't get back to sleep after that...

On my way to work I stopped at the drive thru in McDonald's to get my oatmeal.  One of my pet peeves is people who cut in line, so of course there were several people coming into the parking lot the wrong direction trying to get in line for the drive thru.  sigh.

I head to work from there and as I'm driving a car tries to cross the divided highway, and would have been hit by me if I hadn't laid on the horn and locked up the brakes!  Idiot drivers...  sigh.

Get to work.  A young couple comes in with two small children.  Two small CRABBY children.  The smaller of the two starts fussing and crying, so the older one who is probably only 2 starts to whine.  She goes to the corner of the office and starts that monotonous wail that every living creature in the universe, including the deaf, can hear.  groan.

My son sends me a text from school telling me there had been a lockdown because an escaped felon was in the woods by the campus.  panic!  (later found out that actually happened when he was not on campus.  sigh.

Husband has asked me to call him to wake him up for his dentist appointment.  I call ten minutes late and find out that his appointment was half an hour earlier than I thought so he really had to scramble.  eek!

My daughter sends me an email telling me she had a $500 charge on her Spring tuition that we didn't know about and she can't register for Fall classes until it's paid.  And registration has already begun.  ugh.

Go to lunch.  Decide this is an excellent day to say forget about the diet and get a burger and onion rings at my favorite greasy spoon.  Bite into an onion ring and find a 2"x1" piece of plastic fried into the batter.  Guess it was from the bag.  gag.

Come back to work.  I walk in and a frequent customer is in the office.  She is someone who makes me uncomfortable because she, well, she, uh, let's put it this way, she hit's on me.  Being married almost a quarter of a century this would make me uncomfortable if it were coming from a man, let alone a woman...

It's afternoon now.  I would like an uneventful afternoon, please.  A boring, quiet, dull afternoon would be perfect...

2 comments:

swooze said...

Wonder why you ever get out of bed on days like these? Hang in there!

Diana and LaDonna said...

Gosh, your day just kept going and going! Never a dull moment!

LaDonna