Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I'm getting a bit tired of storms.  This morning while I was at work we had another intense storm.  The wind was not as bad as before, but we did have pea sized hail.  Luckily my car was not damaged.  I think we are going to get more storms before the night is over.  I'm very glad that Ev doesn't have to work tonight.

We are planning to go out for a fish dinner tonight.  Hope the weather holds out for that, at least.

This morning I went upstairs before work and did a little free motion quilting on a couple of potholders for the kids' Easter bags.  I just keep adding things to them!  They are sure going to have lots of goodies in those bags!

Over the past few days I finished the three journal covers.  I was pretty pleased with the way they came out.  I hope the kids like them.  I also finished the pen roll that Johanna wanted me to make for her pens for school or work. 

I found a cute little project that I adapted to what I had on hand.  The original was made from felt, but I used cotton material I had on hand.  They are small carrots that you fill with candy and tie shut.  They were very simple to make.  I cut out a large circle, about 10" across, out of orange material and cut it into quarter circles.  This makes four 'carrots'.  Along the arc side of the piece I sewed a folded over a strip of dark green, about 3" wide before folding.  Then I ran a seam up the side of the 'carrot' to make it cone shaped.  I snipped the green material at about half inch intervals, about half an inch down, to give it a flouncy top.  Then just under where the green is attached I ran a piece of ribbon through a few holes snipped in the carrot part.  Filled with candy and tied a bow in it!  I'll put some pics up later.  I think I found a link to the original pattern through Tipnut.

So tonight I'm hoping to finish a few more potholders.  I'd also like to put together that fabric memory game for Johnathon.  Even if I don't get anything else done, they have plenty of goodies in their bags.

I'm getting excited about going to Paducah next week! 

No comments: