Sunday, April 10, 2011

The inaugural ride

There he is.  My hubby.  Taking the first ride on his new lawn mower!  He had a lot of fun on it today, just running it around the yard.  He was so upset yesterday that it had rained overnight and he couldn't cut grass, so I think he was especially happy that he was able to mow today.  By the end of the summer he probably won't be feeling that much enthusiasm for cutting grass, I'm sure!

I have had such a lazy weekend.  Well, maybe not really lazy, but I haven't gotten any sewing done and I really should have taken advantage of Nick being gone and able to sew whenever I wanted to!  But instead I cooked and cleaned up the yard and did laundry...  All that other fun stuff, you know!

I wanted to make my three bean soup again this weekend, so I put some together last night and let it cook in the crock pot.  When Ev got home from work he had a bowl.  I hadn't tasted it and when I did I realized it was way too salty and the ham was very tough.  I had used some ham out of the freezer.  Anyway, I threw the whole batch away and started over this morning and have another pot cooking.  I sure hope this one tastes better!  I think it will.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I'm happy for him! You'll have to make him read your post again when later on he starts complaining about mowing the yard! Having the right tools for the job makes all the difference!

LaDonna