Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone is having a blessed and happy Easter today.  It's been a rainy day here, but the clouds held off long enough for us to get our egg hunt in over at my dad's.  We had fun.  Ate dinner there and came home early.  I had made breakfast here at home after church, so we weren't really hungry.


Here's a couple pictures of the goodies and goody bags the kids got today.  Well, Johnathon didn't get his yet, but when we see him he will get one.  Nick's pile of loot is the top right, with the black covered notebook, potholder, and carrot with candy in it.  Hanna has a white covered notebook, potholder, carrot with candy in it, two pen rolls, and a rice bag warmer.  Ben has a tan covered notebook, potholder, carrot with candy in it, and a welders cap.  Johnathon has a memory game, carrot with candy in it, and a crayon roll.  Those were just the things I made for the bags.  The kids had other goodies in them.  Nick had a couple of bath towels and Johanna had some wine glasses. 

I could not get the old Singer back into working order.  I gave up.  I dismantled it and drug it down the basement.  The machine is 74 years old.  It doesn't owe me anything, and I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it for the 20+ years I have had it.  This means any free motion quilting I want to do right now I would have to do on one of the old Kenmore machines, probably Gram's old machine.

2 comments:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Sounds like a good Easter. Too bad about the Singer. Maybe you can take it somewhere to get fixed?

LaDonna

bunbear said...

LaDonna I could get it fixed, I'm sure. The thing is, the only person I know of in the area that does repairs on this machine is not someone I want to do business with anymore. And I really don't think I want to sink any more money into it at this time. Maybe later I will.