Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday laundry marathon

I started the first load of laundry at 7 a.m. and plan to just keep going until it's all done today, no matter how long it takes!  Last week Ev tried to get in the shower in the morning and had to wait because the washer was on, and then again in the afternoon the same thing happened to him!  I already warned him that today the laundry is going to be going all day and he has to schedule times for the shower!  Ha ha.  Seriously, though, I am not waiting around all morning to start the laundry after he gets up because I never know when that will be.  And I have other things I want to do during the day besides go up and down the basement steps with loads of clothes!

Ivy is sure turning into a sweet dog.  She's becoming quite the little lover, wanting to snuggle up next to you when you are sitting down.  It's not all the time, but it's more frequent than it used to be.  I don't think it's because she's upset or anything, that isn't the impression I'm getting, it seems more like a settling in type of behavior.  Hope that makes sense!  And Shadow cat is also becoming a snuggle puss!  Ev said last night he had to scoot her off his legs where she was trying to lay down and sleep!  Cracks me up!

I didn't get upstairs to sew last night.  sigh.  Nick was home all night and up there on his computer playing games.  I know I can go sew when he's up there, I just don't always care to do it.  Next weekend he will be gone on his trip to New Orleans with the Jazz Band from college.  That will be a good time for him, I'm sure!  I'll have the sewing room all to myself then.  And it won't be long that he may be moving out again, so I'm just kinda hanging in there.  He was going to move out with Brent and Adrian, but there was a snag with the place they were going to get.  It's still all in the works and they should be good to go soon.

Does it always feel like your life is on hold when you are waiting for your kids to do something?  haha.  For instance, I want to turn either that basement room into my sewing area or turn Johanna's room into my sewing area when I get the longarm machine (I figure about a year and a half from now I MIGHT have enough saved up to get what I want - wish me luck!).  Johanna's room would be good, because it's next to my current sewing room and I wouldn't have to do much to it.  The problem is I'm not sure if it is large enough for the machine.  That's something I'm going to talk to the longarm dealers about when I go to Paducah.  Nick's room is just a section of the basement, but it's large enough for a machine with room to spare.  The issue there is that it needs to be finished.  It needs drywall put up, carpeting put down, and even a wall and a door would be nice...  And in both cases some new electricals need to be run.  I know the minute I start to make serious plans one of the kids will move back home.  sigh.  This is their house and they are always welcome.

When Ev does finally get up this morning we are going to go pick up his bike from a fellow who lives waaaayyyy out in the sticks.  He works on bikes at his shop at home.  He's also a mechanic at the car dealership we use.  Very nice guy, honest person, and does good work.  Ev's excited about getting the bike back.  Next week the riding lawnmower should be in at Sears and we will be picking that up.  Oh, and we got the garage door fixed yesterday so he can actually open it to put the bike and mower in there!  haha.

No comments: