Saturday, April 16, 2011

Green is not a good color for weather

We had a storm last night that was pretty fast moving but intense.  Had some hail, hence the 'green is not a good color' title of this post.  I think when there is hail in the clouds, that's when you see the greenish tint to them.  It's also an indicator of tornado weather, so I can say seeing green in the clouds is not a good thing at all.

I did some sewing last night.  I pinned the baby quilt with Micky Mouse and Goofy figures on it.  It's all ready to be quilted and bound.  I also made a quilted cover for a composition book I'm using as a quilting journal.  I made a cover before but Ivy ate it.  sigh.  This one I'm going to try and keep out of her reach.  Depending on how I feel, I may make a couple more covers so I can give the kids them in their Easter bags.  While I was in the sewing room I did some cleaning up and rearranging.  Going to put some of my storage containers into Johanna's old room to give myself more space.

I also clipped apart the Roll Roll Cotton Boll pieces and snipped off the dog ears.  Will try to get back to that one here soon.  Ev has to work tonight, so maybe I'll get some things done.  We will see!

Going to have to go to the grocery store at some point today.  Kind of cloudy and rainy so I'm not sure when I'll get to it.  And if I don't do it today I can do it tomorrow.  Oh, and I can't forget to get some Easter candy for the kids before next weekend!  Everyone has to have a chocolate bunny to eat the ears off of, you know!

If Johanna and Ben come up today, I'm thinking I'll dye some eggs with Johnathon if they are staying for a while.  That should be fun.  hee hee hee.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Storms have been bad in a lot of places, glad you are ok! Sounds like you got a lot done!

LaDonna