Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A picture says a thousand words

This was a tornado that went through just north of Litchfield, the town where I work and where my son is living.  There have been many tornados in the areas all around us tonight.  Thankfully all our friends and family are safe and okay.  Say a prayer for those that weren't as lucky, please.

I didn't take this picture.  Johanna's boyfriend forwarded it to me.  I think his cousin took the picture.  The cousin lives in Litchfield also.

I, being the brave soul that I am, was huddled in the stairwell of the basement with Ivy.  And I'm not ashamed to say it!  I had my shoes on, my purse with me, flashlight and cell phone at the ready, and Ev's medicine with me.  Hey, I wanted to make sure he had what he needed if something happened!  He was at work, stealing texts to me when he could to make sure I was okay.  Johanna and Ben were in the basement part of the night also.

I did some sewing this morning before work.  I had the material sandwiched and pinned so it was ready to be quilted for the composition book covers.  This morning I quilted all three pieces before work!  Tonight I didn't spend much time at all upstairs, because of the weather, but I did sneak up there and cut the material to the correct size for the covers.  I will have to finish off the edges and sew the sleeves for the cover and they will be done.

I have to say, Ivy was really a great companion to me tonight.  She stayed right with me, sitting on the steps with me, then stuck real close to me the entire night.  I am sure she sensed how anxious and tense I was.  She's a keeper alright.  Not that we ever thought any different, you know!

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Tornados are so scary; we've been through them before too! Glad you are ok!

LaDonna