Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekends go too fast

It's Sunday night and I'm wishing I had more time off.  There isn't anything new about that, though!  haha

I did get back upstairs yesterday and pressed all the RRCB pieces.  I was sure stuck on that step and now I feel like I can move forward easily because it's mostly just assembling blocks for the mystery from here on out.  There is some cutting that needs to be done on the string blocks, but that's not as daunting a task as all the pressing of those little bitty pieces was!

I also did some sewing today, even going upstairs an hour before church this morning!  I had cut out the pieces last night for a welder's cap for Ben's Easter bag.  Today I put it together and I'm pleased with the result.  I hope it fits okay!

Pinned some material together to quilt to make quilted composition book covers.  Found some cute cat fabric for Johanna's, some musical fabric for Nick's, and some interesting fabric for Ben's.  I hope they like them.  I can see Johanna and Nick using theirs for school, but I'm not real sure Ben will have a use for his.

All the kids were here this morning after Church.  We went to have breakfast at the restaurant and had a really nice time.  Then they came back to the house, where we dyed eggs.  Well, Johnathon and I dyed eggs.  Johanna helped a little too.  The guys were all outside admiring the motorcycle and lawnmower, I think.  I only had a bakers dozen of hard boiled eggs to dye, but that was really enough.  Johnathon likes the color blue and was very interested in dying eggs that color.  I was very impressed with his coordination at getting the eggs out of the cups and onto the drying rack!  Once the eggs were dyed, he wanted me to go hide them outside!  I told him the Easter Bunny was going to do that next week, but since I don't know if we will see him or not next weekend, I caved when he asked again if I would hide them!  He had a blast outside running around finding them.  I have pictures, but I'm too tired to get the camera out of my purse so I can upload them.

Shadows foot is healing.  The swelling has gone down.  It's not completely back to normal, but I think she will be okay.  She isn't putting much weight on it, but she is putting a little on it, so I think it's on the mend.  Ivy is just being lazy mutt right now, crashed out on the bed snoring!

I'm missing my kids tonight.  Normally I don't feel this nostalgic and enjoy the empty next, but tonight is different, for some reason.  sigh.

No comments: