Friday, April 8, 2011

When you live in a small town

There are some things that still crack me up about living in a small town.  Today Ev called me right before he had to go to work to tell me the water was off.  I gave him the number to City Hall to call and see what was up.  He called them then called me back laughing because when he called them the following conversation ensued.  Without Ev saying anything, the gal at City Hall says "Yes, Ev, there has been a water main break on your end of town!"  Now, I know they have caller i.d. but the fact that they know what part of town we live in and that we are calling because of the main break, just cracks me up.

Nick is in New Orleans!  They got down there around 7 tonight.  I think he is going to have a great time.  It sounds like he already is.  I'm happy for him.  Johanna and Ben came up tonight right after I got home from work.  We went out to Sunset for dinner then back here for a little bit.  It was nice to see them.

Going to hit the sack pretty soon.  Plan on getting up early and doing some sewing.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I know the feeling...I'm from a small town...I couldn't get away with anything, both as a kid and an adult! People even knew when I was painting my bathroom!

LaDonna