Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Auditioning thread

Ohhh, doesn't that sound important?  I'm 'auditioning thread'.  haha.  I pieced together some batting scraps, picked out a backing, and pin basted the wall hanging with the three 9 patches and two snowball blocks.  Then I laid it out with three different threads on it.  I'm not sure which one I will use.  Do I go with the metallic and be daring? Or do I go with the little spool of specialty thread I bought thinking I was going to be a great machine quilter in 5 minutes?  Or do I go with the old stand by of varigated blues?  Ah, decisions, decisions....

I put a patch on the inside of the liner where it was ripped.  Will wait to put the patch on the outside.  I texted Ev and told him I did this, and he texted back that I was to stop and go inside or he would come home from work!  Think he's a little paranoid these days?  I'm secretly liking it, but don't tell him!  Seriously, though, I was only outside for 15-20 minutes. 

I did go out around 10pm when I let out Ivy (who ate some more of the couch cushion today, by the way) just to sit in the fresh air for a few minutes.  The frogs were singing away.  It was so relaxing.

No comments: