Monday, June 6, 2011

Waiting for appointment time

I'm home waiting for my appointment time at the doc's to get a little closer.  Not too much longer to go.  Hope he gives me a good report.

The mystery quilt top I put a picture of a few days ago was from the yahoo group qtmysteryquilts, for those who asked.  I really enjoy doing their mysteries.  I put another border on this top and plan to quilt it up soon.  I also found a small sample piece I made a while back, with three nine patch squares and two snowball squares in a line.  I put a small border all the way around it and I'm going to quilt it also.  It will make a cute little banner type wall hanging, I think.  Not sure where I will put it, but I'll find somewhere.  Maybe over the front door.

Ev has really been babying me.  He keeps telling me to stay inside, take a nap, etc.  And you know what?  I'm listening to him!  If I had listened to him in the first place I wouldn't have had a problem.  Of course, he had to leave for work and wasn't there to tell me to go in the house Saturday.  He's a good hubby.

Not sure what I'll make for supper.  I might stop at the grocery store after the doc's and pick up a package of sausage or something to make for Ev, and then make a big salad for myself.  This heat kind of takes away my appetite.

If anyone is keeping count, Ivy's bird total for the year is up to five.

Oh, and over the past few days we can add two rolls of toilet paper, a roll of cling wrap, a roll of aluminum foil, and a roll of bags for a seal a meal machine.  You could say the dog was "on a roll..."  hahahaha.

And another thing, while I was making Ev's sandwiches for work today she was watching and waiting to make her move.  I turned my back to get a couple of baggies for the two sandwiches, and when I turned back around, she was ever so gently pulling one off the table with her mouth!  It was too late to save the sandwich, so she got away with that one (I made him another), but I shooed her out of the kitchen pretty sternly.  I think she got the hint!

Stopped at Nick's around noon, when I left work today.  He had forgotten his keys last night (he was on the motorcycle, and it was his housekeys) so I dropped them off for him before I came home.  Wanted him to give me his laundry, but he didn't have it ready, so he will bring it tomorrow night.  I'm in no hurry for it if he isn't!

Got the hose in the pool.  It's filling, slowly but surely.  Johanna said her and Ben went looking for a different truck.  I think he is going to get this one fixed, as it's still under warranty, then trade it in.  I told her to tell him my suggestion is to get a truck with less bells and whistles, just some good old reliability would be nice.  I mean, seriously, who needs all those extras on a vehicle?  Yes, they are nice, but a lot of times they are nothing but an aggravation, and that's if you even use the features!

No comments: