Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A bit more quilting done

You know, I am really starting to get the hang of the machine quilting on the smaller pieces.  Tonight I did some more loopy loops on the other wall hanging and got it all quilted and ready for binding.  It seems to be a combination of things that has bolstered my confidence.  Having the one machine set up and ready to machine quilt at any time is a big help.  The machine being set into the cabinet, so that it is level with the table, really makes a huge difference.  I would never have thought it would make that big of a difference, but it does.

I know I can't make just loopy loops forever, but as I gain confidence with the smaller pieces and get comfortable with the loopy loop design, I feel like I can just slowly work myself up to larger pieces.  Then maybe I will tackle a different design.  No hurry.  And maybe part of it is just doing some quilting as often as possible that helps, too.  Whatever it is, I'm pleased.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

"Whatever it is, I'm pleased." And that's what matters! Good for you!

LaDonna