Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer mystery quilt done

This isn't the best picture because the colors seem washed out, but they aren't.  The light diamonds are a pretty purple color.  I'm going to put a border around it, probably black.  I at least have the center of the top finished.  I would like to go ahead and quilt this right away, practicing my free motion quilting on the Kenmore.

Sure glad tomorrow is Friday.  Saturday we are planning to start early on the pool.  I sure hope we can get it up without any problems.  Ben and Johanna are coming with at least one tank, maybe two.  Nick will come and help for a bit before he has to teach.  Ev may have to work in the afternoon, but if we can get on it early, we will be far enough along that his going to work won't matter.

Ivy got another bird tonight.  I think that makes the total this year two.  It might be three.  She is definitely a bird dog.  Too bad we aren't hunters.  I screwed up my courage and picked up the bird on a shovel to throw it on the other side of the fence so I could let Ivy outside again.  Well, the bird was still alive.  Ugh.  My fear of birds sucks sometimes.  So I got a rake and used it to cover the bird on the shovel and eventually got it scooted out of the fenced area.  I sure hope it doesn't crawl back under the fence!

The gal that bought Sunset Restaurant was in my office today and we got to talking.  She has some quilt squares she may give me!  I'm kinda excited about this.  I hope she has some good ones I can use.

1 comment:

swooze said...

Love your mystery top. Which group did this one?