Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How dry I am...

In a totally unrelated (I think) incident, our little town was out of water from 2 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. this morning.  From the scuttlebutt I'm hearing, it was one of the big main lines that broke.  So I went to work without a shower (I did have bottled water to give myself a sponge bath at least!), and hope I don't smell!  haha. 

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my dad and his wife for her birthday.  Nick will be coming along, as will my two sisters, so it will be a nice night out. 

I went upstairs last night and marked that little wall hanging with the snowball blocks and nine patch blocks.  I had some templates that I wanted to try out, so I marked the blocks with pencil.  Sure hope the pencil marks come out!  lol.  I think they will.  This will be good practice for me with my machine quilting.

I was going to pin baste the wall hanging and the mystery quilt, but it was just too hot up there.  I had turned the window a/c unit on in the other room and put the fan in the door way, but it wasn't cooling off very fast and I just couldn't stand it up there.  I think tonight I'll turn the a/c on an hour or so before I want to go up there, to get it cooled off enough for me to breath! 

One of my coworkers traded me 7 milk crates for something she wanted.  I think I'll use them for storage in the sewing room.  I have a lot of magazines and books laying around that need to be organized.  I'm thinking I may even put them in Johanna's room for now.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I love organizing and your milk crates will be so much fun! Have fun tonight!

LaDonna