Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Done and on the wall

 Here is the wall hanging I finished last night and hung over the door.  I don't know why this one picture turned sideways, but you get the idea. 
 Here is what the back looks like before I put the hanging sleeve on.
 Here is a close up of the quilting from the back.  Not my best work, but I'm not displeased.  For the first time following a stencil, and free motioning, I think it's okay.
 Johanna really liked this design.  It was the one in the nine patch blocks.  She wants a wall hanging in cream and green and wants just this design in the snowball blocks.  Sigh.

Here is some of the goodies that I got at the bulk food store.  I really only went in for the crushed red pepper flakes.  But, of course, I came out with snack stuff.  The bag on the left is honey mustard flavored rice puffs.  They were pretty good.  Middle bag contains pretzel balls.  Yum.  And the last bag has chocolate covered pretzels sprinkled with toffee bits.  Decadent!  And let's not forget the two homemade caramel squares.  Divine....

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I think your quilting looks fine, first time, really? We are the same way with a store here...never come out with just what we went in for!

LaDonna