Friday, June 24, 2011

Back to work

Today is my first day back to work after three lost days of being sick.  I'm feeling better, but not 100% yet.  Hey, I've managed to stay upright for a few hours at a time, so that's an improvement!

I really would like to do some sewing tonight if I'm not too tired.  The blue wall hanging is languishing upstairs, half finished, as well as the Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery.  If I do anything tonight it will be work on the wall hanging, because it's closer to being finished.  I get to a point in those detailed mystery quilts that I feel like I'm roadblocked.  So I just go around them and do other things until I'm ready to launch back into them.

Just going to order a pizza for dinner tonight.  I cooked last night, but after working today, I'm going to reward myself by not having to cook.  It will just be Ev and I, most likely.

Ivy is quite a character.  She really stuck close to me while I was home sick.  I think she is finally calming down.  She still jumps a lot, but not as much as she used to.  We need to get her under control with that.  Ev took her out to the old lake yesterday before he went to work.  He said he had a hard time keeping her from going into the water, which doesn't surprise me any.  That dog loves water.

Ev finished putting the caps on the rails of the pool.  The only thing left to do is put the ladder in and it is good to go.  That's no biggie, but he wants to scrub it down real good first.  Johanna called today and was wanting to bring Johnathon over to swim, but it might be a little too cool.  He's such a little fish, I don't think he would care, but she might not want to be in there with him if it's cold!  No one has been in the pool yet this year.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Glad you are feeling better!

LaDonna