Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun day

 Look at all my goodies!  Three cones of thread, cross stitch stencils, bobbins...

 Material!  Material!  Material!

 And more material!
 Duck stencil....
Rabbit stencil!

Oh, I was in heaven!  The material was mostly $2 a yard!  Yes, $2 a yard!  And that last picture of material, of the full bolt, I was given!  The gal started to cut the one yard I wanted to buy, and as she unfolded it, she found a water mark and asked if I just wanted the whole bolt!  Who am I to say no?  I'm not too worried about a little water mark, and I'm pretty sure I can get it out in the wash.

The cones of thread are 6000 yards each.  I bought them for $1 each!  Totally awesome deal!  I think the red and green will come in handy around the holidays, maybe to quilt some Christmas quilts.  The stencils caught my eye and would be cute in a baby quilt.


The bobbins didn't fit my machine, but were only .98.  I'll give them to my friend who has a machine they might fit.  The stencils are of baby farm animals.  They are the old fashioned iron on transfers.  I'm going to make a baby quilt one of these days with some cross stitched squares like this. 

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Where on earth did you go to get all these treasures?! They GAVE you a bolt of fabric?! Wow! You had a "funtastic" day!

LaDonna