Friday, June 24, 2011

Sew fun, half done!

Here's half of the wall hanging done.  I sewed for about an hour tonight before calling it a night.  I really like the colors on this piece.  The squares are tiny, one inch.

Here's Miss Ivy, prancing around on the deck.  She was eyeballing the water, I suppose.  Or maybe the duck.

Or maybe the alligator.

He's kind of hard to see, but that's the alligator.  He's this year's thermometer.  I won't let him float around once the ladder is in the pool, but for now he's enjoying a few laps around the pool every day.

When I got home from work tonight I was sitting on the deck, snapping these pics and just relaxing and decompressing after the day.  I am by no means a bird person, but this birds' nest has been interesting to watch (from a distance for me, the bird phobic) because it had babies in it in the spring.  I think they might have left the nest by now, but that mama bird didn't know the risks she was taking making a nest within Ivy's fenced in yard!  At some point I expected to see the dog below the nest with her mouth pointed up and wide open waiting for a baby bird to drop into it!

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Ah, your pool looks so refreshing! My Bonnie dog loved the water too. If we had had a pool with her, there would have been no way to keep her out of it!

LaDonna