Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trouble times three

Well, the pool is not finished, but it is progressing, slowly but surely.  Yesterday was not a very good day, though.  It started out taking a lot longer than we thought to drain what water was already in it.  Then when Ben and Johanna took the tank to get it filled at the old lake (where our water treatment place is), something happened to his truck and it got stuck in a low gear.  Well, that meant we could only put that one tank of water in, because he couldn't go get any more with the truck.  I don't meant to blow off that the truck was messed up, but he's had trouble like this before and it's under warranty, although I do feel bat that it happened while he was doing us a favor. 

When we started to fill it, one side of the wall started to cave in because we had the liner too tight.  Then when we went to let the liner loose, it got caught on a piece of metal and our brand new liner now has a pretty good sized gash in it.  Ugh.  I have not fixed the tear yet, but is is repairable, it just won't look all nice and pretty.  Oh well, there are worse things...

So, after being outside in the very hot weather for 6 hours (I thought it was only 4, but the kids corrected me), I was feeling pretty yucky.  I came inside and took a cool bath, thinking that would make me feel better.  Nope.  After about an hour and a half of being inside the air conditioning, I was feeling even worse.  I was drinking water, but it wasn't enough.  Started getting shaky and goofy, just knew something wasn't right.  Well, Nick was still home and I told him I thought he should take me to the emergency room.  I guess he knew better than I did that I was worse than I thought, because he just called 911.  Oh joy, my first ride ever in an ambulance!  ugh.  Long story short, I had heat sickness.  Hospital gave me fluids and got me back to normal.  Came home pretty late and I'm tired this morning, but pretty much okay.

It's raining now, and since we can't fill the pool by hauling water we are back to using the hose.  Maybe by the end of the day we can make a little progress on it.  But right now, it's low on my list.  I'm going to church this morning, probably out to breakfast afterwards, then I'm spending the day in the sewing room.  With the air conditioning on.   Wish me luck....  :)

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about all these issues! I know it's so frustrating. Gotta be so careful with the heat. At least you shouldn't have more trouble, because doesn't everything happen in three's!? (We're not even gonna think about another group of 3 things happening!)

LaDonna