Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer colds are lousy

It's official.  I have a summer cold.  yuck.  Yesterday all I did was lay around and sleep.  I did hem the curtains Johanna wanted done and worked on the wall hanging for a few minutes.  Just didn't have much energy to do more, and that's okay.

Today we have our town picnic of sorts in the park.  It's called Ethnic Days because all the different churches and organizations in town set up food stands in the city park with different menus relating to their heritage.  It's supposed to be hot and humid today so I don't think I'll be up there long, but would like to sit under a tree and listen to my great uncle play music with his polka band.   That's always nice.

Nick spent the night here last night.  He's going to the park with us.  He told me last night he is really looking forward to cabbage and noodles!  We are invited to my dad's afterwards for a Father's Day cookout.  It depends on how I feel if we go or not.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I like how you say all you did was lay around and sleep. But then you still worked on curtains and your wall hanging!

Your Ethnic Days sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you felt like going.

LaDonna