Friday, February 3, 2012

Another Farmer's Wife Block

Here's my Honey's Choice block for the Farmer's Wife sampler:
The color in the picture isn't very accurate.  It's really much nicer than this.  I didn't intend to sew this block when I went upstairs tonight.  It was after 9 and I had been napping on the couch most of the night, still trying to get back to normal from this sinus thing that's working on me.  I was just going to go upstairs and pick out the fabrics for the block, but then I just got involved and went ahead and made the block.  It's so cute! 

I have to say, it's going to take a LOT of six inch blocks to make a quilt of any decent size, and that is what the Farmer's Wife blocks finish at - six inches.  Maybe I should be doing two or three or even four of each block...  I'm going to have to look on the companion cd to the book and see what layout they suggest, so that I have some idea what to expect.

It's raining here tonight and has been pretty much since it got dark.  Made Ev some Italian Sausage for supper.  I had a bowl of soup.  Not much in the mood to eat, I guess 'cause I can't taste anything with my nose all stopped up.

No comments: