Monday, February 13, 2012

More pics

Here's another basket I found at the thrift store for my thread.  It's nothing fancy, but I like the way I can put things in them. 

This little basket has some cones of thread that is for my serger.  I hardly ever use my serger, mostly because it's only a three thread machine.  I could start using that thread for machine quilting,  But I like my pretty colors better!


This little gem of a basket is one of those you get produce in.  My great grandpa used to have some wicker baskets like these in the 'peck' size.  Maybe even in a half bushel size, too.  Grandpa didn't keep thread in them though - they held goodies from the garden, mostly the absolute best tomatoes I have ever had in my life.  These cones of thread were a bargain at a dollar, yes, only a dollar each.  Now, I don't use cheap thread as a rule, but I can get away with it in my older, mechanical machines if I clean them a lot as I sew.  And I could not pass up a huge cone of thread for a dollar.  I just didn't have it in me....  lol


No comments: