Saturday, February 4, 2012

Catching up on blocks

Here's the block Mother's Dream from the Farmer's Wife collection.  I finished it today.  I'm only a week behind on the blocks now.

I also worked on the Jacob's Ladder blocks today.  They are coming along nicely. 

I made a pot of chili today for dinner tonight and to eat if we want it tomorrow.  Since it's the Superbowl game, I am going to make some snacky stuff to eat whenever we want.  Going to make a pot of clam chowder and a homemade pizza.  I know, that's a weird combo, but it's for us to just eat whenever and the leftovers will get eaten through the week.  I also have three portabello mushroom caps that I want to stuff and broil. 

Ev put a new light fixture on the ceiling in my sewing room today.  The old one was one of those with a pull chain and the little clicker for the chain had long ago bit the dust, so I had to screw and unscrew the light bulb when I wanted the light to come on.  We will see how long this fixture lasts...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you to be only one block behind us... most of these blocks have been fairly simple so far, so don't take as much time as one would think... your block looks great!