Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Good days and bad

Today is my mom's birthday.  I sang happy birthday to her over the phone before 8 a.m. today.  It's kind of a tradition to make a fool out of yourself singing to the birthday person in our family.  She's going to lunch with a couple of coworkers today.

Today is also the anniversary of my sister in law's untimely death at age 26.  I will have to make a call to my mother in law this evening.  I am not looking forward to that call, but it's the right thing to do.  She lives alone in a retirement community.  She has three sons besides my husband who live close to her, none of whom are married.

I watched the dog show last night.  The Pekinese won Best in Show.  I was disappointed.  I really wanted the German Shepherd to win.  And if not him, the Doberman, or Dalmation, or Irish Setter!  I would even have preferred the Doxie or Kerry Blue Terrier over the Peke, but I really like big dogs best.  That's just my personal preferrence.  I like big dogs best.  I will say that the Peke was a very pretty dog.  Hey, there's always next year for the German Shepherd...spoken like a true Cub Fan...  hahaha.

So now that the dog show is over it's back to the Jacob's Ladder quilt.  It's pin basted and ready to rock and roll.  Nick lent out the space heater we use to heat the upstairs a couple of days ago, but was supposed to bring it home last night.  I hope he did, because it gets pretty chilly up there in my sewing room without it. 

The reason Nick had to take the space heater to his friend's house was that they forgot to order propane to heat their place.  Only two young guys batching it would forget to order this kind of thing in February!  lol.

No comments: