Friday, February 10, 2012

I want fried chicken

There.  I said it.  However bad for me it may be, I want fried chicken for lunch today.  I've been thinking about it all morning, and on my lunch hour I am going to go to KFC's drive through and get a two piece wing dinner.  With mashed potatoes.  And a biscuit.  Sigh.  I feel like Pavlov's Dog, because I'm just about drooling over the thought. 

I can't wait to get home from work today and get those Jacob's Ladder blocks done!   This quilt is going to be for my dad and his birthday is only a couple weeks away.  I'd like to give it to him then.  And then there is a little bit of the guilt factor here because my mom's birthday is next week and I didn't make her a quilt this year.  It all evens out.

Been waiting for the Farmer's Wife quilt group to announce the next block to make.  I'm thinking of trying to get a friend of mine to work on this with me.  Kind of doubt she will though, because she is expecting a grandbaby in August and has baby quilts to make!  Speaking of baby quilts...

After Dad's quilt is done, I need to hurry and get the pink baby quilt top quilted.  The baby shower I'm giving that one away at is the first weekend in March.  Then there's a little lull between babies, but in August two of my friends are expecting grandbabies, so I had better stay on top of that!  I've got a lot on my plate!  Loving it!

I had to laugh this morning.  My friend who gave me the tee shirt pieces yesterday called me this morning and said she found one more and would I swap out one she gave me for this piece?  Cracked me up!  She has really helped out in making this quilt by prepping the tee shirt pieces.  She cut the shirts apart and then ironed light weight interfacing to the back of all the pieces.  I need to trim them up, but the majority of the work is done.  It should go together pretty quickly.  There are 16 large pieces and no sashing or borders.   

No comments: