Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bits and Pieces

These are the pieces for the Jacob's Ladder blocks.  I have two thirds of each row of the blocks sewn together.  It's so much easier to do these by chain piecing, so I try and find ways to match up blocks that way.
 And this, my friends, is a six inch block named 'Contrary Wife'.  This is one of the blocks that the Sisterhood of the Farmer's Wife group has already made.  I'm playing catch up and this is the first finished block I've made, but no fear, this Contrary Wife will get there!
I like the brown and deep red colors in this block.  The green is just some material I had to lay it on so it wouldn't fade away on the table.  I have a big scrap bag I got some time back from a friend that I'm picking through, in addition to combing through my own scraps to make these blocks.  That's a lot of fun!

Feeling a little better, but not pushing my luck!  Sinus are still all yucked up, so tonight I put some Vick's in the vaporizer/humidifier.

No comments: