Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good day at the fabric store

This morning my friend Donna and I took a road trip.  We stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel then headed down to Joann Fabrics.  I had a 20% off coupon and desperately needed batting.  As luck would have it, there were cotton batts on sale for 50% off that would work just fine, so I bought four of them.  I also bought several yards of different neutrals.  I can use them with my scraps.  I also needed some #14 machine needles, so I picked up four packages of them.  I got a neat little gadget on sale for half off also that is a magnetic seam guide.  It has a real strong magnet and you put it where you want it on the throat plate of your machine.  This works well for me, because I do not have computerized machines, but I don't advise it for those who do. 

All in all, after the sales prices and discount were figured in. I saved as much as I spent.  That felt pretty good!

Started quilting the Jacob's Ladder quilt today.  There are nine large sections in the quilt and I got two of the sections quilted.  I could have kept going, but made myself stop because my shoulders were getting tight.  Tomorrow I will be satisfied if I quilt three and then again on Monday quilt three.  I have also given myself permission to not finish it if it gets to be too much.  I'll get Dad something else for his birthday and give him the quilt some other time.  But I think I'll get the quilt done.

I talked to my uncle out in California tonight for almost an hour.  That was the highlight of my day.  I don't get to talk to him near as much as I would like to.

And my great uncle here in town called me tonight.  He was having trouble with his new answering machine and phone and wanted me to help him with it.  I give him credit, though.  He is trying to keep up with technology in some ways at least. 

No comments: