Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bobbin winding and petting

That's what I did last night.  I wound six bobbins, gearing up for some big time machine quilting on the Jacob's Ladder quilt.  Then, since I wasn't going to start right then, I cleared space on the tables surrounding my machine that I use for support when quilting.  I also petted the quilt a little.  Just to make it feel loved.  Haha.

Nick did not bring the space heater home in time for me to do anything for very long upstairs last night.  I'm hoping he remembered to get it and that I can be up there tonight. 

The Farmer's Wife quilt/book has really been enjoying a moment of popularity.  I joined a blog group called the Sisterhood of the Farmer's Wife, which is making one block per week from the book.  Well, today I discovered another group, The Farmer's Wife Sow-a-Long (sow as in plant, not pig).  This group is doing three blocks from the book twice a month.  I'm going to piddle around with both of these groups and hopefully get all the blocks done from the book.  Eventually.

It looks like it wants to rain this afternoon.  Not cold enough to snow anymore. 

I'm not cooking tonight.  I have had the taste for Chinese food since Monday.  Told the guys were were ordering it tonight for supper and to put in their requests!  Nick teaches lessons in the town where the restaurant we order from is at, so he will pick up the food when he's done teaching.  Unless I get hungry and go get it before then... like right after work...  haha.

One of the two diner's our small town lays claim to, both of which are outiside of town about a mile, close to the interstate, had a kitchen fire last week.  They are not saying yes or no to if and when they will be reopening.  It will be a shame if they don't.  They made real good fried chicken.  And you know how I love fried chicken!

No comments: