Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I was found out

My darling daughter cracks me up.  I always try to make the kids bags for each of the holidays.  Well, this Valentine's day I kind of cheated.  I had picked up a king size pillow case at the thrift shop and cut it in half, then made it into two bags.  Very quick and easy.  When Johanna got her bag, she opened it and oohed and aahed over the contents, then reprimanded me for remaking a pillowcase into her bag!  She said she keeps those bags and a used pillowcase would not do!  Smart alek kid.  I didn't think she would notice.  Sigh.  I guess I know better now.

Last night I went upstairs to wind a few bobbins and ended up staying in the sewing room over an hour!  I cleaned and oiled the sewing machine, replaced the needle, wound several bobbins, then proceeded to start machine quilting on the baby quilt!  I really love it when I get lost up there.  It's good for my soul.

No comments: