Saturday, November 17, 2012

A little of this, a little of that...

First off, the range hood and backsplash are up!  We overcame all obstacles, no one got hurt or electrocuted, and IT WORKS!





I am very pleased with it.  Next project is to get the spacer cabinets put in.  Dad's going to work on them for me.

Made a double, almost triple, batch of spaghetti sauce today.  It's still simmering.  Going to use it to make two big pans of lasagna to take to my mother in law's on Thanksgiving.

Cut the binding strips for big blue and started to make the label.  I was pretty aggravated at myself for being cheap.  I bought two packages of blades from Harbor Freight that are supposed to fit in my rotary cutter.  Well, they fit, but they aren't worth a darn.  Then I went searching for some new blades from the fabric store and either I hid them real well or I don't have any, because I could only find used and resharpened ones.  Went through about 5 blades before I found one that would cut properly.  I need to just give it up and buy a couple packages.  They really are worth the money.  Should do that with Joann's coupons some time soon.

So, hopefully tomorrow I will get the label finished and the binding put on big blue.  Time is running out because I really should take it with on Thanksgiving.  I don't want to have to pay to ship it if I don't have to!

Didn't get the rolls made, but want to do that tomorrow, hopefully.

No comments: