Monday, November 12, 2012

Mystery material

Here's the fabrics I will be using in Bonnie Hunter's upcoming mystery "Easy Street".  The bottom piece is the background, the red on the right in the one she is calling a 'constant', and the other 3 are colors also found in the background fabric.  Bonnie's examples of fabrics are using brights and making it scrappy.  I am not in the mood for scrappy, so I'm going with these.  I think it will turn out nicely.

I cut some fabric into squares to make a couple more Double Slice tops for the nursing homes.  Don't have enough cut or pressed to start on another top yet, but working on it!

Hubby and I took down the old non-working range hood and backsplash by my stove yesterday.  We have a new one, and intended to put it up, however there are always complications...  The new one has the electricals going in on the other side than the old one and the wire coming through the wall isn't long enough.  The new hood will also need a little carpentry adjustment under the cabinets to hang it.  Just never easy.  So I went and got the electrical part we needed (junction box) today and will pick up some extra wire from my dad later.  He has some left over from a recent project.  Probably won't get around to doing anything with it again until next weekend.  sigh.

No comments: