Thursday, November 8, 2012

The things I watch

Sometimes there just isn't anything on t.v. to watch, yet I still have it on.  Tonight I guess I just wanted some noise to keep me company.  That's not always the case.  There are a lot of times when all I want is silence!  Anyway, tonight I found myself watching "How It's Made" on the Science Channel.  They usually show how a few things are made in each episode.  Tonight I watched how horse bits are made.  I have never owned a horse, only ridden one a handful of times, and really have no interest in horse bits.  But it is interesting to watch the process of turning some raw materials into a usable item.  One time they were showing how accordions are made and I taped that so I could show my uncle.  He's played accordion all his life and found it interesting.

I was looking through my sewing journal at last year and when I started making the lap blankets for the nursing homes.  I'm starting earlier this year than I did last year.  Last year I spent about 40 hours working on them.  We shall see how much time I spend this year.  I wanted to start them a lot earlier than I did, but at least I'm ahead of the game for now.


No comments: