Sunday, November 4, 2012

I shouldn't hide things from myself

Or whoever I was hiding them from...  I have been taking apart shirts for the last few days and tonight I thought I was down to the last two.  But something in the back of my mind kept nagging at me that there really were more - somewhere - that needed to be cut apart.

That little voice was right.  I found a whole plastic tub full of shirts needing to be taken apart for use in quilts.  That doesn't make me mad, just determined to get them done, so I can start using them.  I'm really inspired by Bonnie Hunter's Moth in the Window pattern and want to make some blocks using shirtings to see if I like it.

Well, I guess it's official.  My son is an adult.  Even though he has been over 21 for several months now, it just really hit home today when he signed papers to make an offer on purchasing a house.  Not sure if the seller will accept his offer, but it just floors me that he is doing all this.  I know he wants to move out, and I don't blame him one bit.  Buying right now in our little town is a lot cheaper than renting, so this move makes a lot of sense.

The soup turned out really good, even though we haven't had an actual meal of it yet.  I'm betting it will be even better tomorrow after it sits.  We went to breakfast this morning, kind of skipped over having lunch, then went to a pizza restaurant about half an hour away to celebrate my step sister's birthday.  It was a nice time.  I had never been to that particular restaurant and really liked it.

Sorry I haven't been putting many pictures up lately.  Going to have to get better at that.

No comments: