Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Looks like rain

All day, off and on, it has looked like it wanted to rain.  Hasn't done it so far.  Personally, I'm ready for snow and lots of it!

Trying to decide if I want to use those embroidered blocks I purchased at a garage sale for lap quilts for the nursing homes or not.  Since I have so many of them, I feel like I should make a large quilt with them.

I do have that cheater cloth from Arthur that I can make a couple tops for the nursing homes from.  I need to get going on them.  The two I worked on yesterday are for them.  I need a minimum of 10 possibly 12.  I have the star struck lap quilt ready and waiting for binding.

I did find it much easier to start sewing once I had all the pieces cut and ready to go.  That's what I did with the charm patch and double slice.  Maybe I'll just make a couple more double slice tops.  They start with 10" blocks and finish at 9".  That means I need a minimum of 25 blocks for each one.  That's not too much, really, especially if I use a couple blocks of each fabric.

May be going to Arthur again this Saturday.  My friend is planning to meet me there.  I'm hoping she gets to go this time.  If not, I'll probably just stay home and sew.  Nothing wrong with that, either.

No comments: