Thursday, November 1, 2012

Deconstruction

I didn't do any sewing today but I did accomplish some deconstruction in that department.  I 'deboned' eight dress shirts, as Bonnie calls it!  I just love it when I get to the big piece in the back and can fold it up to add to the stack.  That back of a shirt, especially a men's extra large one, has so much material it just makes me smile when I fold it up.  I think to myself that I only paid a dollar for the shirt (in most cases) and that I got a lot of material for that dollar.

I still have a lot of shirts to take apart, but I will get them done eventually.  I also have some ideas in the back of my mind on how I want to use them.  Some ideas are actually from Bonnie Hunter's books and website.  Just got done watching her on quilt cam tonight.  She is making these really neat blocks called 'moth in the window' that lend themselves well to using shirtings.

No comments: