Saturday, November 10, 2012

Catharsis

Catharsis - the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, especially through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.

Well, not exactly what today was, but close.  Went to Arthur to meet up with Mary and shop at my favorite stores.  Shared a great day with my friend, just talking, listening, sharing, and having fun.  Mary recently lost her father and I think this was a great way for her to just decompress.  It was a wonderful day for me, also, just to let my guard down and enjoy the day.

I guess quilting could be considered a type of catharsis, although I don't think of my quilting (art) as tragedy unless it is a really lousy job... haha.

I bought fabric at my favorite store for Bonnie Hunter's upcoming mystery.  I know I should have shopped my stash, but I wanted to get these fabrics, so I did!  I'll go on a fabric diet soon.  Maybe.  Or not.

No comments: