Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ponderings

I was driving home from work today and was looking at the trees with almost all of their leaves gone.  My first thought was that Winter is coming and that it is a season of rest.  Everything gets to slow down, take a breath, and regroup.  Well, at least after the frenzy of the Christmas holidays it does...  I'm in denial and not thinking about the shopping madness that has already started.

And do you ever think about self worth?  I mean, I'm really not a person that is ever going to be remembered by anyone other than my close friends and family, and even at that, in a few generations I'll just be a name on a headstone.  It's just that sometimes it seems so many people are leading high profile lives and are doing important things.  What I do on a daily basis is not glamorous.  It might make a difference in someone elses life, but I usually don't see or hear about it.  Guess that's where faith comes in and I have to trust that God knows what He is doing and all the pieces fit where they are supposed to, even little old me.

Not to get all maudlin or anything, just wanted to share a few thoughts that crossed my mind.

Didn't get upstairs to work on the big blue quilt, but that's okay.  Did some straightening up so that when the gal comes to clean tomorrow she can start on the sitting room.  That's where I set up my Christmas village houses and I want it clean so I can start putting them up after Thanksgiving.  Not sure how this is going to work out with the crazy kitten we live with this year, though.

No comments: